Hi, I'm Gil Ribeiro. I’m a Portuguese photographer based in Lisbon.
I was born in S. Bernardo do Campo, Brazil (1981) and moved to Lisbon as a young child. At age 21 I moved to Germany to pursue an education in sports, but soon realized it wasn’t for me. I decided to change the course completely and started my way in the visual arts world.
In 2014, I graduated as a director of photography from FH Dortmund film school in Germany and have been working as a DoP/Cameraman since then.
In 2017 I began photographing more regularly, just for fun. What started as a hobby ended up becoming a passion. With time I established a great interest in street and travel photography.
I see myself as a multifaceted photographer, having a keen eye for both the timing for the decisive moment, as well as the capability of capturing rich aesthetic scenes that play with light & shadow, colours and structures. My extensive background in film making adds a level of depth and atmosphere to my images. Overall what matters most to me is that the pictures I take tell a story for the viewer.
- Conversas de Café - Podcast Interview - link
- Photography Book "MADE IN LISBON", Snap Collective Publishing - link
- Revue 6Mois - Publication "Les mystère de Lisbonne", Publication 2022 - link
- Workshop Fujifilm, Pau Storch - Youtube live Interview - link
- Bump Books Zine "Lisbon" - Publication - link
- TDM Magazine, 2021 - Publication - link
- Bobbooks UK, 2021 - Publication - link
- Timeout Magazine Portugal - Publication - link
- Street Photographers Foundation - Publication - link
- CHIIZ Magazine - Publication - link
- "Num Piscar de Olhos" - collective exhibition, Lxlapa - Lisbon 2021
- "Cape Verde and other Colors" - solo exhibition, Kausal - Dusselsdorf 2018